Who is FIATA : GLOBAL VOICE OF FREIGHT LOGISTICS:
- in French
- "Fédération Internationale des Associations de Transitaires et Assimilés",
- in English
- "International Federation of Freight Forwarders Associations",
- in German
- "Internationale F?deration der Spediteurorganisationen",
- in Chinese
was founded in Vienna/Austria on May 31, 1926.
FIATA, a non-governmental organisation, represents today an industry covering approximately 40,000 forwarding and logistics firms, also known as the "Architects of Transport", employing around 8 - 10 million people in 150 countries.
（FIATA是一家非政府国际组织，代表着全球货代行业约4万多家货代物流企业，有“运输设计师”之称，覆盖全球150个国家的 8百 - 1千多万 从业人员。）
FIATA has consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations (inter alia ECE, ESCAP, ESCWA), the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD), and the UN Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL).
It is recognised as representing the freight forwarding industry by many other governmental organisations, governmental authorities, private international organisations in the field of transport such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Air Transport Association (IATA), the International Union of Railways (UIC), the International Road Transport Union (IRU), the World Customs Organization (WCO), the World Trade Organization (WTO), etc.
In summary FIATA is the largest non-governmental organisation in the field of transportation. Its influence is worldwide.
- 主席团（CIFA 赵沪湘会长 2015-2017 年担任主席、目前作为上任主席是主席团成员）、扩大主席团、秘书处、各专业工委（我会推荐代表参与法律工委和多式联运研究院工作并任职）等。
- FIATA 职业培训委员会暨教材评审认证委员会（CIFA 推荐培训部负责人担任委员）、FIATA 物流学院（CIFA 推荐上海海事大学王学锋教授和北京嘉美创智运输咨询公司黄群总经理分别担任顾问导师和指导委员会委员）、年度 FIATA-TT CLUB 国际青年货代人大赛( CIFA 选派参赛选手：来自中远公司的林益松和来自北京盛大德威货代公司的万年曾分别获得 2006 年度和 2017 年度亚太区冠军称号 )、职业培训基金会等。
- FIATA 证书（2017 年 CIFA 培训中文教程获得 FIATA 认证，实现“双证对接”）、FIATA 高级证书、FIATA 师资证书、ICAO-FIATA 空运危险品证书等。
- FIATA 证书（中国）考试中心（CIFA 与上海海事大学合作）暨上海、北京、青岛、广东、大连、厦门、海南、甘肃、长沙 9 家培训中心。 ICAO-FIATA 空运危险品证书（中国）培考中心（CIFA与北京嘉美创智运输咨询公司合作）暨北京、上海、苏州、烟台、广州、郑州 6 家培训分中心。
FIATA is structured into Institutes, Advisory Bodies, and Working Groups each in their turn dealing with every aspect that affects the international movement of freight.
The Institutes, which usually meet twice per year, carry out the technical work of the Federation. Currently FIATA has three, namely the
- Airfreight Institute (AFI) details
- Customs Affairs Institute (CAI) details
- Multimodal Transport Institute (MTI) details
Some of the Institutes have some permanent Working Groups; e.g. the MTI has three for Sea, Rail and Road Transport, and the AFI one for IATA matters. Working Groups report to their respective Institutes and meet according to necessity
For matters that affect the whole of the freight forwarding industry there are five Advisory Bodies:
- Advisory Body of International Affairs (ABIA) details
- Advisory Body of Information Technology (ABIT) details
- Advisory Body Legal Matters (ABLM) details
- Advisory Body Safety and Security (ABSS) details
- Advisory Body Vocational Training (ABVT) details
They co-operate with the Institutes and Working Groups, if required, and meet according to necessity.
- Africa/Middle East
The primary target of the Regional Meetings is to bring forward the regional issues, and if necessary submit them to the Institutes and technical bodies of FIATA. The intention being to identify and assist regional members in solving their local industry problems. Another important objective is to gain synergies between the member countries of the region and to import and export these benefits to other associations. The Regional Bodies meet normally twice a year at the HQ Session in Zurich and at the annual FIATA World Congress. Regional field meetings may be held, if necessary, between the HQ Session and the World Congress.
It is the target of the Regional Bodies to be more active in the different Advisory Bodies, Institutes and Working Groups of FIATA and all interested parties are invited to e-mail their interest to the chairman or manager of the relevant Regional Body. In countries where no national association exists, all individual members are requested to form a national association. FIATA would be happy to assist whenever help is needed. Future targets of the Regional Bodies are to gain more individual members in all countries, only with more national associations and more individual members, the Regional Bodies will become strong and will have a reputable voice within FIATA.
FIATA has created several documents and forms to establish a uniform standard for use by freight forwarders worldwide. The documents are easily distinguishable as each has a distinctive colour and carries the FIATA logo which can be seen at the head of this page.
- FIATA FCR (Forwarders Certificate of Receipt) 货代收据证明
- FIATA FCT (Forwarders Certificate of Transport) 货代运输证明
- FWR (FIATA Warehouse Receipt) 仓储收据
- FBL (negotiable FIATA Multimodal Transport Bill of Lading) List of issuing Associations 可转让多式联运提单
- FWB (non-negotiable FIATA Multimodal Transport Waybill) List of issuing Associations 可转让多式联运空运单
- FIATA SDT (Shippers Declaration for the Transport of Dangerous Goods) 发货人危险品运输申报单
- FIATA SIC (Shippers Intermodal Weight Certificate) 发货人联运重量证明
- FFI (FIATA Forwarding Instructions) 转运指示单
FIATA documents have an excellent reputation and are recognised as documents of tradition and trust. They have greatly contributed in the past to the facilitation of international exchanges and will continue in the future to be valuable instruments in the service of world trade.